Recipe by @nachiugs
Dad's chili is best for big lunches at the beach! Slap it on hand-pressed tortillas and top with some cilantro and you got yourself a Tex-Mex feast fit for that hungry beach crew!
Click HERE to quick shop ingredients for this recipe
- 1 tbsp of Molinera Pure Olive Oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 can of Molinera Crushed Tomatoes (400g)
- 1/4 kg ground beef
- 3/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 can Molinera Red Kidney Beans (400g)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, saute until soft, around 5 minutes.
- Add Molinera Crushed Tomatoes and sauté until it gets a bit dark.
- Add the ground beef and ground pork, Molinera Red Kidney Beans (don't forget to drain it!), chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and water.
- Mix together well, bring to a boil and simmer covered for 20 - 30 mins.
- 2 cups Bambi Naturelo Corn Masa
- 1 cup warm water
- pinch of salt
- Mix the dry ingredients first (masa and salt), then slowly add the warm water to the mix until you get a nice soft dough.
- Pull out golf ball sized dough and flatten (you can use a rolling pin, or two cutting boards to press.)
- Heat tortillas on a pan with no oil.
- Serve tortillas in a basket or container to keep them warm and fresh.
- Serve the chili in large bowl
- Make a "create-your-own" station with your favorite toppings!
- Fresh cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- Molinera Sliced Jalapeños for an extra kick